Algorithmic Trading : A Complete Guide for Beginners
Algorithmic trading has become very popular among beginners as well as pro traders/investors. This automated trading platform allows traders to earn passive income even when they are sleeping. If you want to know what it is, what are its benefits, and other queries, you have come to the right page. Let me walk you through the answers to different frequently asked questions (FAQs) about algorithmic trading bots.
What’s Algorithmic Trading?
Algorithmic trading is an automated trading system that uses a pre-programmed computer program for placing a trade. The computer program follows an algorithm (which is again a defined set of instructions) to place a trade. The best thing about algorithmic trading software is that it can generate profits at a rate impossible for a human trader. This software is also known as algo trading, black-box trading, and automated trading.
The trading algorithm program includes a set of instructions on the basis of quantity, price, time, and mathematical model. It doesn’t allow human emotions to affect trading decisions and activities. This also provides more liquidity to the market. Algorithmic trading strategies are most commonly used for trading cryptocurrencies, forex, and stocks.
These automated software programs are made by using Python language and machine learning techniques. You can also build your own algorithms or automated trading bots after learning an algorithmic trading course and trading basics. Understanding the basics is very important for building your own algo for actual trading.
How does Algorithmic Trading Work?
Let me explain automated program trading with the help of an easy example:
An algorithmic trading program can be made with two simple instructions:
- Buy 20 shares of company stock (say Tesla TSLA) when its 50-day moving average moves over the 200-day moving average.
- Buy 20 shares of TSLA when its 50-day moving average moves below the 200-day moving average.
|Moving Average MA is a stock indicator that smooths out the price data through the creation of a constantly updated average price. The moving average data is one of the most commonly used technical analysis and technical indicators. With the help of calculating MA, the impacts of random, short-term fluctuations on a stock price over a certain period of time are mitigated.|
An algorithmic trading machine learning software having these two simple instructions can monitor the moving average data on a real-time basis and automatically trade (place buy or sell orders) when these two pre-defined conditions are met.
With the help of algorithmic trading interactive brokers, you don’t have to monitor live prices/graphs or place orders manually. The algorithmic trading systems correctly identify the trading opportunity and trade automatically.
More advanced and complicated automated trading bots can be created for foreign exchange, stock trading, hedge funds, and crypto trading for more return on investment (ROI).
In fact, you can use algorithmic trade or trading algo for multifarious uses:
- Day trade by day traders
- Futures trading
- Swing trade
- Highfrequency trading
- Quantitative trading
- Pairs trading of fiat currencies and cryptos
- Portfolio management and many more
Algorithmic Trading Benefits
- Execution of trades takes place at the best possible prices.
- Trade orders are placed instantly and accurately for avoiding significant price changes.
- Transaction costs are decreased.
- In current market conditions, automated checks are done simultaneously on various markets.
- With the use of available historical and real-time data, automated trading can be backtested for checking a viable trading strategy.
- Manual human error (including emotion-driven) trades can be avoided.
- Multiple decision parameters and multiple markets are considered by complex algorithmic trading software for increasing profitable trades in highfrequency trading (HFT).
Who commonly uses Algo-Trading?
- Mid- to long-term investors
- Mid- to long-term buy-side firms (including insurance companies, mutual funds, pension funds, etc.)
- Short-term traders
- Sell-side participants
- Market makers (including brokerage account firms)
- Systematic traders including pairs traders, hedge funds, and trend followers
Top 11 Best Algorithmic Trading Strategies and Algorithmic Trading Models
Here are the most popular algorithmic strategies:
- Trend-following Strategies
- Arbitrage Opportunities
- Index Fund Rebalancing
- Mathematical Model-based Strategies
- Trading Range (Mean Reversion)
- Volume-weighted Average Price (VWAP)
- Time Weighted Average Price (TWAP)
- Percentage of Volume (POV)
- Implementation Shortfall
- Sniffing Algorithms
- Systematic Trading Strategies
Algorithmic Trading Examples
Cryptocurrency Trading Robots such as NapBots.com automatically scan the market in real-time and trades for you. They run 24×7, which means that you can keep earning your passive income even when you are sleeping. This gives you an edge over other investors as it enables the bot to book profits on your behalf when other investors are sleeping.
Smart crypto investors always remain prepared to get the best of a big market move. They don’t wake up suddenly. To remain alert round the clock, they use cryptocurrency trading bots so that they don’t miss any big market movement.
NapBots.com is a Trading Bot, cloud-based platform, on which you can connect to major exchanges such as Binance, Bitmex, Bitfinex, OKEX, Kraken, Bitstamp, and Bitpanda.
The best thing about the Napbots trading software is that you don’t have to monitor charts and candles to predict your next move. Any novice trader with zero skills can also start trading like a pro and earn money with this unique trading tool. Let Napbots take full control over your trades in just a few clicks. Now, sit back and enjoy earning money.
You may also check “Napbots Review – Simple Way To Increase Your Crypto Returns” before taking the plunge.
What’s so special about NapBots?
NapBots crypto trading software is special because it comes with:
- A unique trading algorithm that processes market data for you
- A unique crypto trading bot library so that you can create your own mix of trading strategies
- Autopilot mode that enables you to automate trading 24×7
- An easy-to-use interface so that you can copy the proven strategies of NapBots to make successful trades and make money
How does NapBots help you to Make Money?
With NapBots, you can enjoy financial independence by trading cryptocurrencies on autopilot mode and earn money automatically. To make it work on your behalf, you have to do the following:
Step #1: Connect to one of the available trust exchanges.
Step #2: Select from the unique list of performing Bots of NapBots
Step #3: Choose a plan that suits your investment style
Once you have completed these three steps, NapBots is ready to trade cryptos and earn money for you. Happy Trading!
Why Choose NapBots?
- NapBots offers complete trading automation solutions through the use of its own tested trading strategies; offering quantitative trading strategies previously reserved for hedge funds to the public.
- The setup and installation process are easy. So, the non-experts can also use it. The simple and special approach of NapBots helps it provide you with excellent ROI.
- The team of professionals behind NapBots has extensive experience in the financial market. They have put their years of experience in place so that you can easily automate the management of your funds with no technical skills. This service can run 24/7 and work as your passive source of revenue even when you sleep.
Pricing is simple and there are no setup fees. A 7-day trial is also available.
Are You Ready To Start Automating Your Passive Income Now?
If you still need assistance, you can refer to the following guides: